LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 TootyFrooty
|
In the justify chapter it says As you examine each question keep in mind that even if an element initially appears to be new or rogue, it could still be elsewhere in a reworded form.

What’s rogue? I tried looking up definition but nothing is fitting to this sentence
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
It means a term/idea that hasn't been mentioned before in the argument. Something that's out of place, or different, or going "off-script" from what the rest of the argument is doing.

Thanks!
 Mmjd12
|
Hi!

I also had a question about this part of the chapter that discusses Trick# 2 Reworded Elements, where information is reworded to seem rogue but is in fact mentioned elsewhere in the argument.

Would you be able to point me to a practice test question that does this trick? I wanted to practice working through one like that.

Thanks so much!
 Jeff Wren
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Mmjd,

The Dec. 2009 LSAT (Preptest 59) LR 1 Question 17 contains one of the examples listed in this chapter (the "pretend to know the answer" example).

The book website also contains a list of these questions.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.