LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to law school or law school admissions.
 florayg
|
Hello.
I'm currently getting ready for admission and I am in a conundrum because I don't know whether I should write an LSAT addendum or not.

I took LSAT 5 times. So I had to I thought I could make some improvement on my 5th LSAT, but sadly I ended up with a score of 'canceled - 158 - 152 - 163 - 158(Oct LSAT)'.

To explain my scores a bit..
On the 3rd LSAT, I wasn't aware that I caught COVID during the test. I thought I was just feeling down because of my anxiety. Also, I'm working full-time, so I wasn't sure when I would be able to take another day off for the test if I canceled it, so I just pulled it through. I know I should have canceled the score at least, but I thought it would turn out okay. So I just waited until the score release date, and yes, eventually got a horrible score(152).

On the 4th LSAT, there weren't any problems while taking the test. So, I believe this score is my actual test score, considering that my average PT score was 165 at that time.

On the 5th LSAT, I know it's an excuse but the noise from the neighbors(I live in an apartment and I could literally hear what they are talking about) was extremely loud during my first section.

Anyway, I ended up with fluctuating LSAT scores. Would you suggest writing an addendum in this kind of circumstance?

Thank you in advance!
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Flora,

Yes, I probably would write one, simply to address the significant fluctuations in score. In doing so, you should be very careful about how you present your decisions here. The rule is always about giving reasonable explanations and never making excuses. You clearly had some technical/illness issues, so rely on those to explain why the lower scores aren't representative.

For others reading this, the best advice is to use Score Preview and eliminate the lowest scores before they become permanent. Better to have a cancel on your record than a score you feel you have to explain. That said, if you do have to explain it, hopefully you have a viable reason as in this case.

Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.