LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 PeterH
|
Hi there,

I've been studying on and off for the LSAT for about a year now, with work and school, it's been a rather long journey.

My exam is in March and I got about a month; unfortunately, I'm not scoring as high as I would like.
Right now I'm scoring in the mid 150s (154-158 range) on my PTs.

My LG is perfect, my LR has some issues (usually -5 to -7) but my RC is by far the worst.

Now, most of that is just background information because my real question is that, is it possible to really increase the score to about 160 by next month? Because I feel that I've plateaued and haven't made any big improvements in about a month now, it's becoming a little discouraging not seeing any improvements and I just want to see if anyone has made some improvements in the last month or if I'm basically stuck where I am.

Thank you in advance!
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
PeterH wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:01 pm Hi there,

I've been studying on and off for the LSAT for about a year now, with work and school, it's been a rather long journey.

My exam is in March and I got about a month; unfortunately, I'm not scoring as high as I would like.
Right now I'm scoring in the mid 150s (154-158 range) on my PTs.

My LG is perfect, my LR has some issues (usually -5 to -7) but my RC is by far the worst.

Now, most of that is just background information because my real question is that, is it possible to really increase the score to about 160 by next month? Because I feel that I've plateaued and haven't made any big improvements in about a month now, it's becoming a little discouraging not seeing any improvements and I just want to see if anyone has made some improvements in the last month or if I'm basically stuck where I am.

Thank you in advance!
Hi Peter!

Thanks for the post! It is certainly possible to increase your score to 160 in a month! :-D

Here are a few thoughts about increasing your score when you've plateaued:
How to increase your score when you are stuck
LSAT Score Plateau? Focus on Process

Also, keep in mind that in addition to practice tests, you also want to make sure that you thoroughly review them:
10 steps to taking practice tests
Reviewing Practice Tests

As you review Practice Tests, you want to be able to focus your studies on your problem areas, and then study those questions and the concepts until you feel like you could explain them to another student!

If you would like some further advice, please provide us with a bit more detail first. You can use this blog post as a guideline to provide us with some more information:
https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/need-l ... help-you/. More specifically, what you've done as far as preparation this far (course, tutoring, etc?) and a better sense of your strengths and your weaknesses (certain LR question types? certain RC passage types?) will help us provide some more personalized tips. :) If you run into a problem identifying your weaknesses and how to improve them, a tutor may be something to consider as well.

Thanks!
 PeterH
|
Hi Stephanie,
Thanks for your reply!

I'll check out those links and hopefully they can be some help.

I initially did the Powerscore classes when I started. I also bought the 3 books to read as well.
Studying is a bit hard because I do work a full time job so I usually study after work, but I think I've overdid it a little bit because now that I've reached the last month and feel that I've plateaued, I'm beginning to feel burnt out and after long days of work, I can only muster up maybe an hour or two of studying.

That's partially why I was wondering if it is possible to still improve.

At this point, I do about 1 or 2 timed sections a day, I try to review them during the day (my lunch/breaks, etc) and I do 1 or 2 PT a week

Thanks!
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
PeterH wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:46 pm Studying is a bit hard because I do work a full time job so I usually study after work, but I think I've overdid it a little bit because now that I've reached the last month and feel that I've plateaued, I'm beginning to feel burnt out and after long days of work, I can only muster up maybe an hour or two of studying.
Hi Peter!

Burnout is a real thing!! Since you're feeling burnt out, it may actually be a good idea to take a break from the LSAT, even if it's just for a few days! :-D https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/bid-2 ... our-score/

If you take a longer break, here are some tips on what to do during your last few weeks before the test:
https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/the-po ... two-weeks/
https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/lsat-l ... them-work/

Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.