LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 cosgrovewatt
|
Hi everyone.

I am just getting started on my LSAT prep. I'm getting organized with PowerScore's 12 month study plan, for which the required books include Game Type Training, Logical Reasoning Question Type Training, and Reading Comprehension Passage Type Training. Unfortunately, the web pages for these books on PowerScore's website do not include any ability to make a purchase (1, 2, and 3). When I checked for these books on Amazon, I found that in two cases, they are only available for rental, which isn't ideal as I'll be studying for the next 12 months, or in used copies, which isn't ideal as the previous owner's answers will presumably be marked (1 and 2).

After doing some digging, it seems like this issue is probably related to a licensing fee situation described in this thread, but I'm not sure what the right course of action is for me here. From what I can gather, the three type training books all cover Prep Tests 1-20, and those same PTs are now available from LSAC in a $99 package. So, one option would be to just buy that package. But, I assume that the whole reason PowerScore was selling these books was because there's some value to having them broken out by question type. And, it will be pretty hard for me to stick to the 12 month guide, which assigns specific chapters in the type training books that might not easily convert into the full PTs I'd be getting from LSAC. Any advice on how I can stick to the 12 month plan in light of the difficulties in finding the type training books?
 kupwarriors9
|
Hi! With the analytics package you get all tests online for free! They also come with solutions which is nice! I'm not sure if that helps. Personally, I like the online package because it tracks your strengths and weaknesses. For example, it says I need to work on Flaw in Reasoning Questions the most (i.e. my greatest weakness), and that my best type of LR question is Point at Issue Questions
 kupwarriors9
|
https://www.powerscore.com/lsat/publica ... tal-tests/
kupwarriors9 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:44 am Hi! With the analytics package you get all tests online for free! They also come with solutions which is nice! I'm not sure if that helps. Personally, I like the online package because it tracks your strengths and weaknesses. For example, it says I need to work on Flaw in Reasoning Questions the most (i.e. my greatest weakness), and that my best type of LR question is Point at Issue Questions
 cosgrovewatt
|
kupwarriors9 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:38 pm https://www.powerscore.com/lsat/publica ... tal-tests/
kupwarriors9 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:44 am Hi! With the analytics package you get all tests online for free! They also come with solutions which is nice! I'm not sure if that helps. Personally, I like the online package because it tracks your strengths and weaknesses. For example, it says I need to work on Flaw in Reasoning Questions the most (i.e. my greatest weakness), and that my best type of LR question is Point at Issue Questions
That's super helpful, thanks! It looks like all the same content is in the Analytics Package, then, and that it's even categorized by question type, which is super helpful. Do you know if the Analytics Package lines up with the study planner, though? For instance, the planner says that in Month 2, I should "complete the first eight passages in Chapter Nine in LSAT Reading Comprehension: Passage Type Training." Will there be any way for me to know what the first eight passage of Chapter Nine are? Or will I just have to find the Passage Type Training section of the Analytics Package and then assume that the first eight passages are the same? Of course, it also might not matter very much--I'm a noob and don't know whether I should be seeking to follow the planner to a T.
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
It lines up perfectly, and you can use the topics off what is in the books to match to the correct problem set--it's easy. For example, the Advanced Linear Games chapter then lines up with an Advanced Linear Games drill set :-D

Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.