LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

The correct answer choice is (D).

Answer choice (A):

Answer choice (B):

Answer choice (C):

Answer choice (D): This is the correct answer choice.

Answer choice (E):

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 lathlee
|
Hi. I got this question incorrect twice already. I do not know how to separate D and E and I always chose E) over D) Especially the powerscore bible RC teaches us that regarding minority interest afflicted Qs, the positive version of describing would be a good bet. I see E) as a nicer way to promote Kahlo's reputation as that she is being misunderstood by white culture and discouraging white people as that Kahlo had been misunderstood (non-minority) .
 Emily Haney-Caron
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi lathlee,

For main point Reading Comp questions, pre-phrasing can help a LOT. I'd recommend trying to pre-phrase here.

Your pre-phrase might be something like, "The political aspect of Kahlo's work was important." Looking at the answer choices, D gets at that; the passage is saying she hasn't been thought of much beyond the emotional content of her work, but the political context is interesting, too. E, on the other hand, doesn't really fit with the passage because there is no new discovery at all; it's not that something new has been unearthed, it is just that one way of looking at her work has been neglected.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.