LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

The correct answer choice is (B).

Answer choice (A):

Answer choice (B): This is the correct answer choice.

Answer choice (C):

Answer choice (D):

Answer choice (E):

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 Roadto170
|
In asking about another question within the same question type, I was told that to evaluate means "to judge something or determine its value/worth". However, when reading this passage, I continually looked for viewpoints and the reporting seemed to be pretty objective. Besides the first paragraph that stated medievalists often oversimply the distinction between private and public law, I found no further evidence of any judgement by the author of the stimulus.

Later, that same person said that evaluate is incorrectly used by many test takers "loosely to mean to analyze, to explain, or to describe something, but this is not accurate."

Here it seems like the opposite is true, that the author did explain and describe why something happened. While, once again I narrowed my choices down to the correct answer and another (E), I unfortunately chose the incorrect choice.

I can see why E is incorrect. There is no indictation that the evidence presented in the stimulus is "new". However, since the provide in E was more correct than the evalutate based off the information I was previously given, I chose E.

Kinda confused... please help!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.