LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

The correct answer choice is (E).

Answer choice (A):

Answer choice (B):

Answer choice (C):

Answer choice (D):

Answer choice (E): This is the correct answer choice.

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 avengingangel
|
I was stuck between A and E, and then ultimately chose A.

1) What was the example provided for "categories of art that are neither wholly fake nor wholly original?"

2) I ended up choosing A because, while not feeling 100% confident about what "contemporary artists" meant, I figured since the passage states "Michelangelo had shown his contemporaries that great art..." that Michelangelo was himself a contemporary, too. What does the question mean by "contemporary artists?" I so struggle with the word "contemporary," it's SO relative !!! :hmm:

Thanks!!
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Thanks for asking, Angel. In this context, contemporary means current, modern, of our time. That's why E is the better answer here, because we have no mention of any artists of our time. The reference to Michelangelo's contemporaries means artists of his time, not ours, so that is there to distract you.

For examples of art that was neither wholly fake nor wholly original, look back to the first paragraph, following the line that read "the text begins by noting a variety of possibilities somewhere between the two extremes". What follows is a list of those examples.
 crispycrispr
|
Hi,

I understand why (E) is right, but can someone explain why (C) is wrong? I didn't really see anywhere that specifically mentions the qualities that collectors have prized in the art they collected. I understood the answer choice as a specific quality of the art piece, like sculpture techniques or something, but I don't know if I'm wrong in that understanding. Please explain!!
 Robert Carroll
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
crispy,

Lines 39-40 seem to be the most unambiguous in stating something that collectors have considered desirable - authenticity as validated by functional qualities. That's a specific quality - and the example gets even more specific.

Robert Carroll
 crispycrispr
|
Robert Carroll wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:11 pm crispy,

Lines 39-40 seem to be the most unambiguous in stating something that collectors have considered desirable - authenticity as validated by functional qualities. That's a specific quality - and the example gets even more specific.

Robert Carroll
Ah gotcha! I wasn't looking at the last paragraph, but now that seems pretty obvious!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.