LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

The correct answer choice is (E).

Answer choice (A):

Answer choice (B):

Answer choice (C):

Answer choice (D):

Answer choice (E): This is the correct answer choice.

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 rwitt09
|
I narrowed it down to D and E and picked D, although they were so similar in my opinion. What about E tilts it to being correct? Is it because of its functional ability to serve a role? If it is, I think the crown in answer D can do the same thing.
 Robert Carroll
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
rwitt09,

The standard in the last paragraph for something's being authentic is that it is tied to the form's original function. Answer choice (E) states that the altarpiece does serve the traditional role in a worship service. It is clear, then, that in that answer choice, the artifact is performing the original function. Answer choice (D) doesn't even mention its serving the function at all. Between those two answers, when answer choice (E) explicitly states that the artifact performs the original function, whereas answer choice (D) does not mention that, it doesn't really matter whether the artifact in answer choice (D) could do the same thing - answer choice (E) is explicit that its artifact does perform the function. There's nothing to choose there - answer choice (E) says everything right, and answer choice (D) leaves it open and unknown.

Robert Carroll

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.