LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

The correct answer choice is (D).

Answer choice (A):

Answer choice (B):

Answer choice (C):

Answer choice (D): This is the correct answer choice.

Answer choice (E):

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 Jkjones3789
|
Hello, So I made sure to notate this passage accordingly and knew that the last paragraph contained the policy - capturing information as well as the "latter" one that wasn't given a name but had some temporal elements in it.... I went along with C after reading the the two brackets that I had describing the two. I did see the information about ...." ... as well as the factors that contributed to the verdict and the kind of evidence necessary for the plaintiff to prevail" .... I didn't choose D because I really don't know what is included in what the judge says .... so please could you clarify this for me by telling me why it's not C and instead D. Thank you :-D
 Emily Haney-Caron
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi JK,

A judge's opinion only includes the reasons he or she made the decision in a particular way in a particular case; the transcript, on the other hand, would review all of the evidence presented in a given case, whether the judge considered or wrote about that evidence or not. While the "latter approach" does mention that it is all cases in a certain time period, it does not actually say that it is a more recent time period, which is why C is incorrect.

Hope that helps!
Emily

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.