LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

The correct answer choice is (B).

Answer choice (A):

Answer choice (B): This is the correct answer choice.

Answer choice (C):

Answer choice (D):

Answer choice (E):

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 dorsaltf
|
I am a bit confused as to why the answer C is not the correct choice here. I read the passage (last sentence of the first paragraph) thinking increased politicization is a sign of shift toward intertribalism ? is C incorrect because that's the view of the Pan-Indian proponents and not the passage's author ? and if yes, where in the passage should I have made the connection that B could be an instance of intertrabilism? I'd appreciate any clarification.
 Rachael Wilkenfeld
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi dorsaltf

The key to intertribalism as described in the passage is that people from one tribe pick up the traditions of another. Take a look at the second paragraph of the passage. They talk about the diffusion of dance styles from one reservation to another, but at the same time, the revival of tribe-specific dance styles, such as the Sun Dance. The second to the last paragraph is also illustrative here, as it discusses how intertribal innovations and tribal traditions are combined in one event.

When we look for an answer choice, we want to look for something where members of a tribe adopt something from another tribe. That's answer choice (B). The members of one tribe attempt to learn the language of another. Answer choice (C) is solely focused on action within a single tribe---there's no cross-tribe or intertribal behavior in answer choice (C). I also think you are misreading the first paragraph. It lists the politicization of the tribes as a cause of intertribalism, not an example of intertribalism.

Hope that helps!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.