LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

The correct answer choice is (C).

Answer choice (A):

Answer choice (B):

Answer choice (C): This is the correct answer choice.

Answer choice (D):

Answer choice (E):

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 heatherrobinsonn
|
I'm having trouble finding direct support in the passage for C. I understand how the statement broadly fits into the author's view, but intertribalism is never cited as the reason native Americans are able to maintain their cultural differences (as far as I could tell). Is the support for C supposed to come from a broad inference based on the author's position that intertribalism will not cause assimilation, therefore we as readers can surmise that it is a factor that makes it less "difficult for native Americans to maintain cultural differences between native American and Euroamerican society" as C implies?
 Rachael Wilkenfeld
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Heather,

We can find support for answer choice (C) in the last paragraph of the passage. It describes intertribalism as something that reinforces Native American identity against threats by "outsiders." That language indicates that the threat is from outside the community, or from the Euroamerican society. If the intertribal activities reinforce Native American identity, then without those activities, it would be more difficult to maintain the distinction between Native American and Euroamerican societies.

Hope that helps!
 lsatquestions
|
Hi,

I see now why C is correct, but do you mind explaining why D is incorrect? Is it because the passage does not state why the powwows were revived?
 katehos
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi lsatquestions!

Yes, you're correct! (D) is incorrect because it cannot be entirely supported by the passage. While we do have evidence of the revival/resurgence of the tradition, we cannot say that there was an "extended hiatus" nor do we know the exact reason for the revival. Since this is a Must Be True question, we need textual support. Without it, the answer is incorrect!

Keep up the great work!
Kate

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.