LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

The correct answer choice is (D).

Answer choice (A):

Answer choice (B):

Answer choice (C):

Answer choice (D): This is the correct answer choice.

Answer choice (E):

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 avengingangel
|
I was choosing between C & D, and ultimately chose D. But in reviewing the passage, I still don't feel confident in that answer choice. Not sure where the information in the passage is to back up the answer. Could someone please walk me thru this? Thanks.
 David Boyle
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
avengingangel wrote:I was choosing between C & D, and ultimately chose D. But in reviewing the passage, I still don't feel confident in that answer choice. Not sure where the information in the passage is to back up the answer. Could someone please walk me thru this? Thanks.

Hello,

"At his death, Porter left extensive notes for an unfinished project aimed at exploring the influence of African art on the art of the Western world generally, a body of research whose riches scholars still have not exhausted" seems to support answer D, "If completed, it would have expanded upon the project of his earlier book by broadening the scope of inquiry found in the earlier book." Answer C, "If completed, it would have brought up to date the comprehensive history of African-American art begun in his earlier book", is not necessarily true. Answer D is more general. We don't know that Porter's project would've gone so far as to fully "bring everything up to date", which answer C asserts.

David

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.