LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

The correct answer choice is (E).

Answer choice (A):

Answer choice (B):

Answer choice (C):

Answer choice (D):

Answer choice (E): This is the correct answer choice.

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 lsattesttaker93
|
I understand AC E and why that is correct, but I am having a lot of trouble eliminating some of these ACs as I feel like they are extremely close?

For AC C if it did not have "degrees" and instead read "required sacrifice from citizens" this would be correct?
  • In lines 13 - 14, it discussed the notion of shared sacrifice, so I am wondering if the mention of the DEGREES of sacrifice is the reason why this AC is wrong.
For AC D, I am a bit confused since I thought the author provides this in lines 30 - 32 "Therefore, it may be contended...lives of its citizens."
  • Is the reason why this is incorrect is that this paragraph functions as a concession that the author is making to the opponent's view, and not what the author actually believes?
The analogy and then the shifting viewpoints really made my head spin in this passage.
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
You're correct about answer C, lsattesttaker93 - the passage never indicates that there are different degrees of sacrifice from different citizens. But the author would agree that both things require some form of sacrifice from citizens.

For answer D, the reason it is wrong is not that it is a concession by the author, because it is NOT a concession by the author. It's just the author describing the view held by opponents, a view that the author rejects. So the author does not say that this makes the two things analogous, because the author doesn't believe this claim is true about either thing. Neither is an overstep!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.