LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

The correct answer choice is (D).

Answer choice (A):

Answer choice (B):

Answer choice (C):

Answer choice (D): This is the correct answer choice.

Answer choice (E):

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 ChicaRosa
|
Why is D the correct answer?

I thought it was wrong because it mentioned that there was classical division of liberal arts into 7 categories including the three language arts: grammar, dialect, and rhetoric. But after reviewing it I realized that that these were not schools for grammar but rather categories of studies.

As for answer choices B) an educational goal and E) prerequisites for certain careers don't explicitly mention these terms in the passage but from ln 34-44 and ln 13-33 it implies that there are educational goals and prerequisites for certain careers for women to apply to.

Is my line of reasoning correct for answer choice D and the other answer choices I was defending?

Thanks!
 Emily Haney-Caron
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi ChicaRosa,

You're right on with your reasoning for D. For E, we find that some of these subjects are "required for philosophy, politics, and the professions," between 35-40. Educational goals are sort of loosely referenced between lines 15-20. Hope that helps!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.