LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

The correct answer choice is (D).

Answer choice (A):

Answer choice (B):

Answer choice (C):

Answer choice (D): This is the correct answer choice.

Answer choice (E):

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 al_godnessmary
|
I swear, the more papers I do, the worse I start performing...

Purpose of the last paragraph: SSE assert that Western econs are past optimal size/purpose is stated/alternative is presented

Answer choices: I don't see what "the weakness (that is illustrated)" of the new economic school (Steady State) is...?

I have a feeling the answer is right in front of me (well, it is) but I just can't see what it is I'm missing yet! Please and thank you!
 Emily Haney-Caron
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hello,

I'm a bit confused by your question on this one; it sounds like you're wondering why B is correct, but actually D is the correct answer. Can you explain a bit more where you're getting stuck, so I can try to more directly address your question?

Thanks!
 lathlee
|
Hi. I also have a problem with D is not correct answer over B) (Which was hard considering the two were my final contenders) considering in the text that alternative of conservation, is considered as a strategy to overcome possible objection in the last paragraph of this passage which D) is correct. B says the new school has a weakness which I don't see author pointed out in that way; the option of conservation is presented as a way to satisfy both ends of neoclassical and steady-state school would both agree and compromise with which is offered from steady state school camp,... the following descriptions and phenomenon are better in line with answer choice D)
 Shannon Parker
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
lathlee wrote:Hi. I also have a problem with D is not correct answer over B) (Which was hard considering the two were my final contenders) considering in the text that alternative of conservation, is considered as a strategy to overcome possible objection in the last paragraph of this passage which D) is correct. B says the new school has a weakness which I don't see author pointed out in that way; the option of conservation is presented as a way to satisfy both ends of neoclassical and steady-state school would both agree and compromise with which is offered from steady state school camp,... the following descriptions and phenomenon are better in line with answer choice D)
D is the correct answer, and your reasoning is sound.
 gwlsathelp
|
What is the objection that the last paragraph notes? Is it the disparity between the indices or is it the warnings from neoclassical economists?
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
The objection is the warning, gwlsathelp:
checking economic growth only leads to economic stagnation

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.