LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

est15
|
Hi, I wasn't sure why C was the right answer because I didn't see anything in the passage that supported it. I thought E was the right answer because I thought the author would be against deliberating which dialect should be taught; he would say that we should just accept many dialects as shown in paragraph 4.
 David Boyle
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
est15 wrote:Hi, I wasn't sure why C was the right answer because I didn't see anything in the passage that supported it. I thought E was the right answer because I thought the author would be against deliberating which dialect should be taught; he would say that we should just accept many dialects as shown in paragraph 4.
Hello est15,

Paragraph 4 seems to allow the choosing of only one dialect, even if the Northern Utes were accepting of different variations in spelling. So E is not the right answer.
Answer C cuts against the grain of the passage, which is that the ways of the majority may be harmful to the preservation of traditional oral language. So C is correct.

Hope this helps,
David

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.