LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

reop6780
|
I chose answer E while the correct answer is D.

I tried to find a ground for finding an answer based upon line 27-34.

I chose answer E because he chose the first approach as he believed it would be necessary in a short term as opposed to the second approach that is more theoretical.

I just assumed that the first approach may be more practical than the second approach (answer E).

Was I supposed to infer answer D based upon the passage that Marshall took a long time to repeal "separate but equal" ?

Could you pinpoint the evidence?

Thank you, always!
 Lucas Moreau
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hello, reop,

I can see where you're coming from, with lines 27-34. :) That is indeed where the seed of the correct answer choice is found. This question is a little more abstract than others, so it's understandable to have difficulty.

Answer choice E is not quite accurate. Marshall did seek practical goals, but he also sought his "theoretical" goal of overturning the entire separate but equal doctrine. He merely sought these goals in a certain order.

Answer choice D is better, because of the "felt it necessary" language in line 29. Whatever Marshall's goals, he could not advance them quickly, but had to slowly litigate through a variety of legal devices first.

Hope that helps,
Lucas Moreau

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.