LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

lathlee
|
I listened to Adam Tyson's advice regarding i think too much about my viewstamp analysis, so I tried to simplify as much as I could.

Viewpoints: many educators in us and Canada (v1) (1-3)
Modest proposal of education reform (v2) (3-9)
Proponents in multicultural education (v3) (9-14)
First propasals critics (15-24)
2nd version propoents in multicutural education (25-38)
Author: 58-61.

Structure:

1st para, Intro 2 perspectives related to
1st: how multicultural education should be understood and taught.
2nd perspective, moderate proposals: such value should be taught from the majority culture

2nd Para: critic's argument: refracted by distorted perspectives though looking at other people’s culture; also pointless looking at other culture thought majority culture.

3rd para: 2nd version of how multiculturalism should be taught is introduced, adaptations neutral stance and methodology. But the methodology to analyze are adapted from the western academic value

4th para: critics of 2nd perspective: methodology already is from western thinking product. Therefore 2nd version is not that much different from the 1st perspective.
Author: adapting the methodology from non-western way, and non-scientific manner is necessary and would lead to the real understanding of multicultural can be achieved.

Tone: Euro cultural chauvinism (L57) describing badly about European mannerism

Arguments: Arguments from each perspective are pretty much well contained in my structure analysis.

MP: I really could not pinpoint any context here as MP lines or MP forming lines
 lathlee
|
Forgot to add this point. what do you think ?
 Jamena Pirone
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi lathlee,

Your analysis looks pretty solid. However, I would characterize the tone as balanced (because it identifies multiple viewpoints), critical (because it tears down each proposal without offering the advantages of them), and with a likely bias toward eschewing any western lens when studying non-western cultures. I say likely because it is not immediately clear if the negative references to Eurocentrism and Western Supremacy originate from the author him/herself or strictly from the critics to whom the author refers.

As for the main point, it is that there are a variety of proposals advocated for multicultural education, but each has detriments due to the biased lens through which they necessarily analyze other cultures.

Otherwise, great job!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.