LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation
(See the complete passage discussion here: lsat/viewtopic.php?t=11639)

The correct answer choice is (B)

The primary purpose of the passage is discussed in the VIEWSTAMP analysis in the passage discussion: the author’s main purpose is to present one perspective, and the assert the opposing viewpoint that honesty is part of the lawyer’s obligation to the client, the court, and society, and as such lawyers should only represent as innocent those whom the lawyer believes to be innocent. Correct answer choice (B) provides the best presentation of this primary purpose.
 T.B.Justin
|
I want to add to the conversation of the author explicitly stating, "that the defense lawyers obligation is two-fold" to what I think the author of this passage is implying, rather, that the obligation is three-fold-to the client, court, and society, as I also think it has been expressed in the explanation of the primary purpose of this passage. Which, seemingly unrelated, this concept tripped me up on an earlier question and specific incorrect answer choice.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.