LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

SherryZ
|
Thank you again for your patience!

Dec 2000 LSAT, Sec 2 RC, Q14:

I hesitated between answer choice C and D. I refer back to the last paragraph's last 7 sentences to find the answer. But I still chose the wrong answer D.

Could you tell me why D is wrong? Is it because D says "perspective" rather than "values"?? This is just my guess. I would love to know the explanation from you.

Thank you very much! You guys are the best :D

---Sherry
 BethRibet
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Sherry,

You're welcome!

In choosing an answer choice for this question, we need to make the inference that the author is highlighting elements of the text that s/he finds particularly valuable. Then what we look for is some indication in the passage of how the author perceives the book's particular contribution. At two points in the passage (lines 4-6, and lines 50-55), the author explicitly highlights that the text is effective in pushing its audience to view events from a broader perspective.

In contrast, the last phrase "shedding conventional perspectives" contradicts answer choice D which emphasizes the value of perspectives that are "familiar".

Hope this helps!

Beth

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.