LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

ksandberg
|
Hello,

I am trying to understand why B is incorrect. What is the thought process that I should have used to eliminate B? Dworkin says that social consensus is not necessary for his theory, as there is an internal logic to the law and its value does not lie solely in what we think it means. However, he does not say that social consensus plays NO role in legal interpretation and the answer says that the goal is to dispute the notion that it plays ANY role, so I can see why B would be wrong for this reason. Could I also fairly assume that although this is something Dworkin believes, it is not the primary goal of the creation of his theory?

Thank you for your insight.
 Francis O'Rourke
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Sandberg,

I agree with most of what you say here. I would regard choice (B) as too extreme to be something that Dworkin would likely agree with. You should not assume that someone believes such a strong statement without being able to show some evidence for it. Saying that something is not necessary is very far from saying that thing plays no role whatsoever.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.