LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

biskam
|
In choosing C over B I struggle because I feel like they both show the same kind of self-selecting diversity--B with their interest in a certain type of politics, and C in discussing mutual issues relevant to their professions. Is C a better choice because it lacks the diversity that B has in at least coming from different socioeconomic backgrounds?

Thank you!
 DAthenour
|
I too am confused on this question. I think I am having trouble identifying what it is that the author truly identifies as a community. Does it have to do with the "nonintentional" and "diverse" components mentioned in lines 55-59?

Ultimately I chose answer choice D on this question, but I can see now that the words "same" are likely trap words.

Any help/explanation is greatly appreciated!
 nicholaspavic
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi DAthenour and biskam,

This is obviously an author's perspective question since it is labeled as such. Here, we are being asked to find an answer that the author is LEAST likely to agree with making it the logical equivalent to an EXCEPT question. The author feels that interactions and diversity are the keys to community per lines 14-16 and 55-60, respectively. So we should be looking for a choice that is going to lack one of those elements.

Answer Option (B) describes students with a common interest interacting "who come from several different socioeconomic backgrounds." This satisfies the author's considerations for a "community."

Answer Choice (C) describes doctors who do not share a common location and their group meeting at the convention is self-selected. These are also the characteristics that the author says deprives computer communities of the community status per lines 53-60. Therefore, (C) is the correct answer.

Answer Choice (D) describes teachers who share a common location and the student body is diverse. This meets the author's criteria and is therefore also incorrect.

Thanks for the great questions and I hope this helps.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.