LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

The correct answer choice is (B).

Answer choice (A):

Answer choice (B): This is the correct answer choice.

Answer choice (C):

Answer choice (D):

Answer choice (E):

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 etaylor74
|
Hello!

For this question I was stuck between A and B as they are very similar until A starts to discuss legal challenges and B does not. I originally selected B, but felt that the last paragraph was largely discussing issues with the law and making changes to the law. Is it just that A maybe gets too narrow for the scope of the whole passage? Thank you!
 Luke Haqq
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi etaylor74!

Part of the problem with (A) could be that it's too narrow, as you suggest. However, I think there's a more serious problem with it. Namely, while you are right that the law is mentioned in the final paragraph, it's not mentioned in the way described by answer choice (A).

Answer choice (A) describes internet users "mount[ing] many legal challenges to the criminalizing of digitalization." While laws against digitalization are discussed, I'm not seeing any language in the final paragraph or elsewhere that discusses users mounting legal challenges (for example, there's no mention of users filing lawsuits).

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.