LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

biskam
|
I'm confused as to why B isn't correct (felt like it matched the spirit of the passage). I didn't feel as though I could support D from lines 32-36.

Thank you!
 Eric Ockert
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
In the lines you cite, Bettelheim believes fairy tales can be used as scenarios that position the child as a transgressor (one with undesirable qualities) and one whose punishment provides a lesson for unruly children. If these children can experience a lesson from this, that implies they are capable of learning from it. This would more or less match answer choice (D).

Answer choice (B) sounds more in line with the author's beliefs, not Bettelheim's beliefs. Bettelheim does not seem to be very sympathetic to children at all in the passage.

Hope that helps!
 Etsevdos
|
How do you rule it B? Because unfAirly is not suggested anywhere in passage?
 Eric Ockert
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Etsevdos!

Answer choice (B) is incorrect. You can rule it out for the reason mentioned above, namely, that it is really more reflective of the author's beliefs rather than Bettelheim's beliefs. This question was solely about Bettelheim's beliefs, however.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.