LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

agroves
|
Good evening,

Can you please explain how you distinguished E as superior to A and B when answering this question? I understand why E can be the correct choice, but I am having trouble pinpointing what makes it superior.

Thanks!

Angela
 Ron Gore
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi, Angela!

Question 26 is a Prove Family question that tasks you with selecting the answer choice that best describes what the author would say is true about the recent studies described in the passage. You mention that you are having difficulty understanding why answer choices (A) and (B) are inferior to (E).

Answer choice (A) contains unsupported language used to the describe the recent studies. There is no indication that the findings were unexpected. The author introduces the discussion of the studies by saying they "confirm" the ability of leading questions to have these effects. Also, the studies are about the effect of leading questions on unclear or unstably stored memories, rather than on the "extent of human reliance" on "external verification" of memory details. Instead, the studies described how leading questions can blend suggested information with original memories, rather than verifying those memories.

Answer choice (B) is incorrect because the passage does not describe a long-standing procedural controversy. The procedure at issue is that of the court disallowing leading questions. This passage provides additional information in support of that procedure, which is not described as controversial. Instead, the new information supports the established procedure.

Answer choice (E) is correct, because if leading questions can have this effect on recollection and testimony, it is not merely an abstract academic issue, but one of practical effect for practicing attorneys and the judges who preside over trials every day.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thanks!

Ron

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.