LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

ameliakate
|
Hi!

I was contemplating answer choice A and B, and ultimately I selected B. I did not doubt the author accepted the neutrino research findings as accurate, but in the last paragraph, where the author mentions the best theoretical solution and the potential to “add to our understanding of the role elementary particles play in holding the universe together”, the author seemed hopeful the neutrino research would unlock other discoveries of dark matter.

Did I infer too much from the last sentence? Are the researchers mentioned hopeful, not necessarily the author, and therefore answer choice A is best?

Thank you!
 James Finch
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Amelia,

In specifically talking about oscillation, the author only gives us a few pieces of information: it applies to neutrinos, but not necessarily anything else, it appears to actually occur and it that if it occurs, neutrinos must have mass. So the only inference we can make is:

Oscillation :arrow: Neutrinos Have Mass

Oscillation occurs, thus neutrinos must have mass, which in turn allows them to be dark matter.

Because we don't know if any other potential dark matter candidates are theorized to oscillate, we can't say whether or not the author thinks that oscillation would be helpful in determining whether they are dark matter or not.

Hope this clears things up!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.