LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to law school or law school admissions.
 ncolicci11
|
Hi Powerscore!

When is too soon to send a letter of continuing interest? I applied to a few schools in the first week of December but have not seen the status change. Should I be waitlisted before sending one?

Thanks!
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
ncolicci11 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:21 pm Hi Powerscore!

When is too soon to send a letter of continuing interest? I applied to a few schools in the first week of December but have not seen the status change. Should I be waitlisted before sending one?

Thanks!
Hi ncolicci11,

Thanks for the post!

Typically, we recommend that you send a LOCI in response to a specific action by the school that requires action (i.e. being waitlisted). Or, we recommend sending a LOCI after an event that causes your application status to change. For example, if you receive a new, higher LSAT score, there’s no harm in letting the school know! The same would be true if you sent a thank you note for a great interview or school visit.

But we typically don’t recommend sending a LOCI just because your app is under consideration and you haven’t heard anything in a while. Schools can take a long time to make decisions and no news does not equal bad news. Constantly contacting the admissions office can be seen as pestering and no one wants that reputation. :)

I hope this helps! Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.