LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to law school or law school admissions.
 Kenna47
|
Hi besties!

I have a question regarding applications and LSAT scores on file. So, I have received my January 2023 LSAT score, which I plan to apply with. But I am also signed up for February's exam, where I am aiming for a bit of a higher score for my apps. My question is: will schools look at this February score if they say the latest they accept is January?

For instance, Penn says the latest LSAT for a cycle that they accept is January. So if I was to take February would they just ignore that on my application?
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Kenna47 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:06 am Hi besties!

I have a question regarding applications and LSAT scores on file. So, I have received my January 2023 LSAT score, which I plan to apply with. But I am also signed up for February's exam, where I am aiming for a bit of a higher score for my apps. My question is: will schools look at this February score if they say the latest they accept is January?

For instance, Penn says the latest LSAT for a cycle that they accept is January. So if I was to take February would they just ignore that on my application?
Hi Kenna,

Thanks for the post! Yes, you can submit your application now with your January score and notify schools that you registered for a retake in Feb. It depends on the school whether they render a decision with your initial score or hold your application until the new score is received. Thus, also request the action you prefer: either ask schools to review immediately with the score on record or hold until your new LSAT score arrives.

As to how you can let schools know you’re retaking and requesting they hold off until new scores are in–there are a number of possibilities. Some schools have an area on the application form to note that information. Or, they may give you specific instructions on how to do it. For others, you need to email them to alert them of the retake. In any case, make sure they are notified in some fashion!

I hope this helps! Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.