LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to law school or law school admissions.
 akazi1
|
I am considering writing an addenda regarding my low gpa and would like to know if I should.

I have two different withdrawals on my transcript. The cause for both was that they were online courses and the professors were not accessible, so I retook them in person and did well. When the pandemic started I had finished up my semester well and was on an upward trend with my grades, but after coming back for the first semester which was completely online, I struggled in managing my classes and also a working a full time job as a legal assistant. I withdrew from one class because and received a C in another. Overall I have a few C's on my transcript which was a result of balancing work and school. I received one D which I retook and got an A.

I wanted to write an addendum just briefly summarizing what I had struggled with overall throughout college, acknowledging that I recognize I should have prioritized school over work experience and then ending on an upward trend discussing that I graduated a semester early and have been gaining a lot of hands on experience through my work that I believe will be beneficial to my law school experience (which will be supported by my recommendations). I was also diagnosed with ADHD after I had finished school and my treatment now has completely turned my life around and allowed me to be much more productive and efficient.
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
akazi1 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:38 pm I am considering writing an addenda regarding my low gpa and would like to know if I should.

I have two different withdrawals on my transcript. The cause for both was that they were online courses and the professors were not accessible, so I retook them in person and did well. When the pandemic started I had finished up my semester well and was on an upward trend with my grades, but after coming back for the first semester which was completely online, I struggled in managing my classes and also a working a full time job as a legal assistant. I withdrew from one class because and received a C in another. Overall I have a few C's on my transcript which was a result of balancing work and school. I received one D which I retook and got an A.

I wanted to write an addendum just briefly summarizing what I had struggled with overall throughout college, acknowledging that I recognize I should have prioritized school over work experience and then ending on an upward trend discussing that I graduated a semester early and have been gaining a lot of hands on experience through my work that I believe will be beneficial to my law school experience (which will be supported by my recommendations). I was also diagnosed with ADHD after I had finished school and my treatment now has completely turned my life around and allowed me to be much more productive and efficient.
Yes, you should write about this and explain what happened. Also, some bad news if you weren't aware: that D you retook will still be calculated by LSAC :( That's another reason you need to address this.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.