LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to law school or law school admissions.
 juliacooke
|
I decided to go to law school about a month before my 2022 college graduation, so I didn't have a lot of time to prepare. I took the November LSAT and then the January LSAT. I was planning on applying this cycle but now I'm afraid it's too late and not worth risking being rejected. Is it worth waiting until the next cycle even if I already took a gap year, or should I still apply and see what happens? As it stands now, it seems like I have a 50/50 chance of getting into the school I want (GPA is higher than the median but LSAT is a bit lower than the median) but I'm hesitant to wait for another year.
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
juliacooke wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:42 pm I decided to go to law school about a month before my 2022 college graduation, so I didn't have a lot of time to prepare. I took the November LSAT and then the January LSAT. I was planning on applying this cycle but now I'm afraid it's too late and not worth risking being rejected. Is it worth waiting until the next cycle even if I already took a gap year, or should I still apply and see what happens? As it stands now, it seems like I have a 50/50 chance of getting into the school I want (GPA is higher than the median but LSAT is a bit lower than the median) but I'm hesitant to wait for another year.
Hi Julia,

This blog post may help you make a decision: https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/bid-15 ... next-year/.
It's difficult to give specific advice without knowing more details -- the school(s) you're applying to, your LSAT score/GPA, your application "softs," how far along you are with the other portions of your application, and if you feel like a year will help you significantly boost your LSAT score-- but with the details we have, I'd say apply this year and see how it goes. And of course, make sure all other portions of your application -- letters of recommendation, personal statement, resume, etc.-- are stellar to help offset your slightly lower LSAT. :)

Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.