LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to law school or law school admissions.
 powermyscoreplz
|
Hello,

I am debating about whether I should add an addendum to my law school application regarding my work experience during the pandemic. I was a part-time intern at a company in my last year of grad school and was originally offered a full time job to start upon my graduation, but COVID hit and the company went into a hiring freeze. Instead I stayed as an intern for another full year (as full time) before eventually being able to transition into a full-time position. I am concerned because on my resume, the internship is longer than the full-time experience. Should I explain this in the addendum, or would that be considered unnecessary?

Thank you!
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
powermyscoreplz wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:24 pm Hello,

I am debating about whether I should add an addendum to my law school application regarding my work experience during the pandemic. I was a part-time intern at a company in my last year of grad school and was originally offered a full time job to start upon my graduation, but COVID hit and the company went into a hiring freeze. Instead I stayed as an intern for another full year (as full time) before eventually being able to transition into a full-time position. I am concerned because on my resume, the internship is longer than the full-time experience. Should I explain this in the addendum, or would that be considered unnecessary?

Thank you!
Hi powermyscoreplz (love the username!),

I wouldn't worry about this at all, and an addendum is not necessary here. Law schools won't look unfavorably on an internship, especially one that led to a full-time position. Law schools don't know the reasons why the company couldn't offer a full-time position sooner, and to assume it was something you were at fault for, especially during the pandemic era, would be flawed and unfair. If anything, your sticking with the internship shows commitment to a position that eventually paid off into a better opportunity. :)

Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.