LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to law school or law school admissions.
 tfkahkesh
|
Hi,

I had planned to take the September LSAT but I felt like I wasn't ready so I changed it to October. Taking it in October will it be too late for me to apply to schools?
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Absolutely not too late! We've covered this topic many times in our podcast and talked to numerous other experts and deans in the field, and they ALL confirm: no test this Fall is too late :-D
 lsatstudent2
|
Hi, is it better to apply in September if you are retaking in October or wait to apply in October?
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
lsatstudent2 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:25 pm Hi, is it better to apply in September if you are retaking in October or wait to apply in October?
Hi lsatstudent2,

Wait to apply in October. :) Applying a month earlier will not give you as much of a boost as applying with a higher score. Thanks!
 lsatstudent2
|
If you're applying early decision, is there still an advantage to applying earlier?
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
No, you just need to hit the deadlines they establish! The overall ED window is so short they aren't giving someone who applies 4 weeks earlier some kind of break, and partially that's because all ED applicants make the same committment. So they can take their time and choose who they want.

Thanks!
 lsatstudent2
|
Thank you, and does early decision impact admissions the same regardless of if your scores are above or below the medians?
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Think of it as a boost to your app but not a slam dunk. If you don't have the numbers, ED won't get you in. But if you then get moved to RD, then it's a "plus" on your application since it shows you are truly committed to the school.

But be wary of ED; you are committed to most of the schools with no financial leverage. We've talked about in on our podcast and elsewhere before, and you want to learn about it before diving in!

Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.