LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to law school or law school admissions.
 cmascar
|
Hello, can anyone tell me about the Credential Assembly Service (CAS) offered by LSAC? Is this essential? If I don’t purchase this service, does that mean I would have to apply to each individual law school through the school’s website? Also, the service amounts to $195 for five years — this is in addition to $45 for each law school I apply to?
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
cmascar wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:53 pm Hello, can anyone tell me about the Credential Assembly Service (CAS) offered by LSAC? Is this essential? If I don’t purchase this service, does that mean I would have to apply to each individual law school through the school’s website? Also, the service amounts to $195 for five years — this is in addition to $45 for each law school I apply to?
Hi cmascar,

You can find more information here: https://www.lsac.org/applying-law-scho ... ervice-cas.

Most US law schools do require you to apply through CAS, so yes, CAS will be required. The $45 per school is in addition to the overall $195 fee.

Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.