LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to law school or law school admissions.
 kupwarriors9
|
Still haven't heard from my dream law school in Texas, it still says 'application completed' on the LSAC-portal. Should I be writing a LOCI? I applied in December and still no update yet. However, a higher ranked school in Texas gave me a good scholarship and acceptance within 5 days of applying at the end of January. I'm not sure what to do, the school that hasn't gotten back to me yet is my top choice.

Thanks,
-kupwarriors9-
 kupwarriors9
|
LOCI as in "letter of continued interest."
kupwarriors9 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:00 pm Still haven't heard from my dream law school in Texas, it still says 'application completed' on the LSAC-portal. Should I be writing a LOCI? I applied in December and still no update yet. However, a higher ranked school in Texas gave me a good scholarship and acceptance within 5 days of applying at the end of January. I'm not sure what to do, the school that hasn't gotten back to me yet is my top choice.

Thanks,
-kupwarriors9-
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
kupwarriors9 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:00 pm Still haven't heard from my dream law school in Texas, it still says 'application completed' on the LSAC-portal. Should I be writing a LOCI? I applied in December and still no update yet. However, a higher ranked school in Texas gave me a good scholarship and acceptance within 5 days of applying at the end of January. I'm not sure what to do, the school that hasn't gotten back to me yet is my top choice.

Thanks,
-kupwarriors9-
Hi kup,

Thanks for the post! And yes, absolutely! This is a slow cycle when it comes to admissions decisions, and many schools are delaying decisions as a form of yield protection. In other words, they want to admit you but they're unsure if you're actually interested; they think that you'd pass them up for a higher-ranked school. Writing a LOCI will tell the school that not only are you interested, but the school is your top choice. :-D

Here are some tips on writing a LOCI: https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/how-to ... rest-loci/.

Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.