LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to law school or law school admissions.
 oychoi
|
Hi Powerscore,

I have heard the general consensus for being early in the admissions cycle is by Thanksgiving.

I have been working hard on my apps and got a handful of them already submitted but I still have a few that I won't be able to get to by this Thursday. At the latest, I should submit the rest by early December. This is due to working and revising school-specific essays.

Will I lose any advantage of being "early" as a result? I also do not have outstanding LSAT or GPA that can override being late so trying to be as early as possible is my goal.
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Not at all, oychoi! Anything submitted before the end of the calendar year is still generally considered "early," and in any event it's always better to submit a complete application with a well-written personal statement and all the appropriate addenda instead of rushing to be early and doing a lesser job of it. Submit your applications when they are ready, and no sooner; you get no advantage for being "early" if what you submit isn't the best that it can be! So enjoy your holiday and finish the apps afterwards. You'll be fine!
 oychoi
|
Thank you Adam, I really appreciate the response :)

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.