LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to law school or law school admissions.
 cwcwcw
|
Hi there!

This is my first forum post. I have found incredible value in the PowerScore Bibles and podcasts. Hello 10 point jump on the LSAT! Thanks for that!

One of the schools I'm applying to is WashU and I'm looking for advice on their new redacted option for their application process. I called the PowerScore office, and the kind woman suggested I post here to get my question answered. What are the benefits or drawbacks of me redacting either my GPA, LSAT, or both? I have a 164 LSAT and a (LSAC) GPA of 3.49. I understand these numbers are somewhere between their 25th-50th percentile. Would it benefit me to redact both of those scores? Or, would it benefit me to keep them as part of the application so that they see both of my scores are in their range of people they admit? I feel like the essays and other portions of my application are strong and definitely on the interesting/unique side, so I feel they'd do fine if they stood alone if that is the better option. I'd appreciate any advice I can get on this! Thanks!
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi CW,

That's a great increase, congrats! I actually addressed this same topic a few weeks ago, but I can't recall where--podcast maybe? If I remember where at some point, I'll link it here for you.

Here's my take on this: there's no value in redacting anything here. At some point prior to making the decision, the school will in fact look at those numbers--they have to. So this whole option they now offer strikes me as a sort of tactic to increase apps but that has no determinative value to getting in.

Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.