LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to law school or law school admissions.
 kupwarriors9
|
Hi!

I am a senior in university and I am wondering if SMU/Texas A&M Law require certain course levels? I know my friends applying to Veterinary/Dental school are required to take 50% of their year courses each year (e.g. if I am in 4th year I have to take five 400-level courses (10 courses/semester) and if their in their third year of undergrad they have to take 5 300-level courses). I can't find course level requirements ANYWHERE on their websites.

SOS someone please help because my course drop period ends Monday!!!!! And this girl is stresssssseeeeddd.
 Robert Carroll
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
kup,

Law schools will not typically require any particular distribution of courses to be taken in undergrad. It's not like a medical school or similar where they want specific competence in particular areas to be demonstrated - anyone with a 4-year degree from a qualifying institution will be fine.

If anyone knows anything otherwise about those specific law schools, I'd be happy to be corrected, but I would be extremely surprised if it mattered! It certainly did not matter at my law school, nor any law school to which I applied.

Robert Carroll

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.