LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to law school or law school admissions.
 jrus22
|
Hi there,

Having just got back my August LSAT score, I have been thinking about how admissions officers will review my application. Specifically, I was wondering how the prestige of the school I took one summer course at might impact my admissions. The school is a for-profit that has ran many commercials and is often used as the butt end of jokes. Again, I only took a summer course here to get ahead on General Ed requirements at my university. But, LSAC requires you to specifically have a transcript on file from ALL schools you took classes at so I feel like it makes this fact stand out. Would this be something the admissions officers would likely use as a deciding factor to toss my application in favor of someone else's?

Thank you so much for for your help!

**Sorry in advance, I accidentally posted this question in the LSAT section but thought I should re-post it in the right section.**
 Robert Carroll
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
jrus,

I think there is almost zero chance this will matter in any way. The most important aspects of your application are the LSAT score and GPA. The institution from which you got the majority of your undergrad courses is already a "soft" factor that will rarely make any difference; the institution from which you took a single summer course will be even less important. At this level of importance, there will never be a need to use that factor to distinguish students, so you have nothing to worry about.

Robert Carroll

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.