LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to law school or law school admissions.
 npbradley96@gmail.com
|
I have a unique situation during my undergrad years that I could use some advice on.

I started my freshman year of college at Grand Canyon University in the Fall of 2015. I transferred to Arizona Christian University for the Spring semester of my freshman year. The reason for this was because I was offered to be a student assistant coach for the basketball team at ACU. I had an interest in becoming a college basketball coach at the time so I wanted to pursue this opportunity. After one semester at ACU, I realized that I did not want to coach college basketball anymore. I decided to transfer back to Grand Canyon University for the start of my sophomore year. I finished out my undergrad at GCU and I graduated in the spring of 2019. I had a 4.0 GPA during my 1 semester at ACU and I graduated GCU with a 3.9.

1) How should I format this on my resume?
2) Should I write an addendum to explain all of this?
 evelineliu
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi there,

You could format this on your resume as

Grand Canyon University Sept 2016 - May 2019, Sept 2015 - Dec 2015
Arizona Christian University Jan 2016 - May 2016

As for addendum, it's up to you if you would like to address it. Some admissions officers may be curious as to why you transferred back to your original school. That being said, your academic performance was not impacted so there are no red flags in terms of GPA. If you do choose to write an addendum, you can explain it just like you did in this forum--it's straightforward and brief. Addendums should be about half a page long, double-spaced!

Hope that helps,
Eveline

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.