LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to law school or law school admissions.
 cmorris32
|
Hi Powerscore,

I wanted to post this question because I have heard a lot about how the application cycle might be more competitive this cycle due to the craziness that happened last cycle. I am trying to make a strategy for applying to all of the schools on my list, and I was looking for advice.

I have a 167 LSAT score and a 3.99 GPA. I am applying ED to Georgetown as soon as the application opens. I was wondering how my chances look based on any intel Powerscore has based on last cycle? I think this information would be helpful, since I'm not sure if I should apply to some other schools on my list at the same time as Georgetown, or if I should wait the 4 weeks to hear back about my ED application.

Thanks!
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
cmorris32 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:56 pm Hi Powerscore,

I wanted to post this question because I have heard a lot about how the application cycle might be more competitive this cycle due to the craziness that happened last cycle. I am trying to make a strategy for applying to all of the schools on my list, and I was looking for advice.

I have a 167 LSAT score and a 3.99 GPA. I am applying ED to Georgetown as soon as the application opens. I was wondering how my chances look based on any intel Powerscore has based on last cycle? I think this information would be helpful, since I'm not sure if I should apply to some other schools on my list at the same time as Georgetown, or if I should wait the 4 weeks to hear back about my ED application.

Thanks!
Hi cmorris,

Thanks for the post! Honestly, this cycle has been so unusual it's difficult to make a solid prediction :/. LS Data reporting shows a majority of 167 scores to have been waitlisted or rejected this year, but your GPA is much higher than most of those students, so hopefully that bodes well for you :D. Another big factor we of course can't see is your "softs" (letters of recommendation, resume, personal statement, etc.) so I'd make sure those are as strong as possible :D.

Dave and Jon did discuss ED applicants in their latest podcast, so I'd give that a listen to help your decision about where/when to apply to schools: LSAT Podcast Episode 92: Student Question Mailbag #7 1:15:20 – “What are the pros/cons to early decision admissions programs and how significant are those during this upcoming cycle?”

I hope this helps! Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.