LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to law school or law school admissions.
 cmorris32
|
Hi PowerScore! I am planning on applying for fall 2022 and I am working on Georgetown optional response questions. Specifically, Georgetown has two questions that I think I could respond to, but I was wondering if anyone had any tips about how to go about these optional response questions. Here are the questions I am looking to answer:

1. What is something important you have changed your mind about?
2. Share a Top 10 List with us.
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
These are both great questions from them, and they are designed to get to know you better. Don't worry about impressing them, instead focus on being honest and engaging. For example, some people might submit a list of their 10 favorite lawyers or supreme court justices. That would be very dangerous here because it might well be perceived as trying too hard, and quite possibly dishonest. Plus, how interesting would that be for the reader? Not very. I'd personally rather read a list that is closer to your heart and interests, and that could be anything--top 10 favorite breakfast cereals, top 10 favorite bugs, top 10 favorite candle scents, etc. I'd also be cautious with any cliche top 10 list: favorite books, albums, songs, travel locations, etc. Strive to avoid the norm :-D

The other key is to explain your choices in a way that captures the reader, because you want them to like you and feel you are interesting after reading. But it's all about execution and far less about topic: you can make anything interesting if you write well.

Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.