LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to law school or law school admissions.
 katyrose323
|
Hi there—I'm looking for a little more clarity around requesting transcripts since I'm still a bit confused even after reading the LSAC guidelines! I'm wondering if I need to/should request my study abroad transcript and transcripts for other one-off courses I have taken. I think in my case I should request the study abroad transcript, but don't know if it's necessary for the other courses.

Here are my details:

-I studied abroad for one semester through a US university that was not my main undergrad institution. My study abroad credits appear as "transfer" credits on my undergrad transcript, and grades are not listed.
- I took one short summer course abroad through a separate international organization/school (this was during undergrad)
-I recently took two graduate-level courses through a US college (taken while working, and grades are pass/fail so wouldn't add much)

Of these, which do I need to request transcripts for through CAS? (I also understand that different schools may have different requirements.)

Thank you!
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Katy,

Usually, if you are uncertain, the best path is to request the transcripts! Also, LSAC is the organization that has the final authority on all decisions here, so I can't overstate how it important it is to get their advisement on these questions :-D That said, I suspect the following:

• International: Since this was via a US overseas program and appears on your transcript, these do not need to be requested separately. Plus, it was only a semester, so that's a second count against having to get them sent separately since the rule is one year of course work or more.

Short summer abroad course: Again, less than a year in full work suggests this isn't needed.

Grad courses: These need to be sent. They don't care about the grades but they do want the transcript without question.

Thanks!
 katyrose323
|
Thanks so much for the reply! It's very good to know that I need to request transcripts for those grad courses, and I may request the study abroad one just to be sure. I'll go ahead and double-check things with LSAC, but this is very helpful.

Thank you again!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.