LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to law school or law school admissions.
 Ajscheer
|
Hi Dave or Jon (or other Powerscore friends),

Was going to shoot this question through twitter to Dave, but I realized it was longer than Twitter would probably let me.

So I've read through the blogs about non-trad, out of school for a while folk and wanted to weigh some options for letters of rec.

I'll likely get a professional letter of rec from a current manager since I'm working, but trying to decide best route for the second letter.

I'm weighing at least 3 options now:

1. Former prof from undergrad who I had a great relationship with and could attest to character and academic achievements. He was also the advisor for my senior thesis. We've been out of touch for a bit, but pretty sure we could pick things up quick an think he would be willing to write a fawning letter ;)

2. Former pastor/good friend. I helped him launch a church in ATL and was active in a lot of the goings on there and would also be able to attest to academic achievements or intellectual acuity (we both went to the same grad school). Also just a long time friend who is also active in the community he's serving.

3. Lifelong family friend who is currently a highly renown lawyer at a prestigious firm in the city of one of my top choice schools. He is also an alumnus of the school and got his JD there. He's also offered some mentoring/question answering about law school and lawyering over the past couple months. If he were willing I'm sure he could write a great letter, but our roots don't run as deep as the two options above.

Considering that the Obama's are ignoring my DM's I can assume they're out. :-D

Any insight or thoughts would be super helpful. What do you think would carry the most weight? If you were in my shoes who would you ask? Or, should I dig a little deeper and think a little longer and go a different direction?

Y'all are the nicest, most approachable and responsive folks in the biz. Thankful to be navigating the LSAT and admissions marathon with Powerscore!

Andy
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Andy,

Since Barack is on vacation, to me your clear choice would be #1! I think that would work great on multiple levels, and is a strong addition to the lineup :-D

Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.