LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to law school or law school admissions.
 oychoi
|
Hi,

So it's looking like next cycle will be very competitive even if not nearly as bad as this past one. The best bet would be to score well on the LSAT and apply as early as possible. I applied all in February and March this year and got less than ideal results.

I am aiming for 170+ but am unsure if I can get that by this June. So I may have to postpone and retake instead in August and even October. But is that too late for applying, especially for top schools (Top 20 and up)? If I took in October, I presume I would have all apps in by at least Thanksgiving.
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Neither are too late! This actually gives you a sense of how apps play out yearly: https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/bid-28 ... -is-early/

Either way, with August there's no question at all it's plenty early, and October still is too. The key is always this: better to apply later with a higher LSAT score than earlier with a lower one. Schools track scores, they don't care as much about app dates. And with these two tests the early issue isn't an issue at all :-D
 oychoi
|
Dave Killoran wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:13 pm Neither are too late! This actually gives you a sense of how apps play out yearly: https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/bid-28 ... -is-early/

Either way, with August there's no question at all it's plenty early, and October still is too. The key is always this: better to apply later with a higher LSAT score than earlier with a lower one. Schools track scores, they don't care as much about app dates. And with these two tests the early issue isn't an issue at all :-D
That is really assuring to know!! Thank you for taking the time to confirm Dave!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.