LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to law school or law school admissions.
 sunnyandray
|
I took the LSAT classic in 2019, and I waited to apply because I got a new job that seemed worth staying at for a while and I saved a lot of money for law school. I want to apply this coming fall. Will law schools know my score is from the original test and assess it in that way? Or do I need to study again and take the flex? I was happy with my score as I thought it was a solid reflection of my abilities on that very challenging version of the test. Is it simply too risky to apply with my LSAT Classic score?Thank you for your time!
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Sunny,

Good news here: they don't care :) While Flex scores come with a note, and classic ones do not, law schools have stated repeatedly that they don't distinguish between the two. And in any event, the LSAT changes again in August (adding an Experimental section), so we'll have a third format (The New LSAT) at that time. Law schools don't want to worry about that or try to track specific dates, and since all three are scored on the same 120-180 scale, they just ignore which test you took.

Thanks!
 sunnyandray
|
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I really appreciate all that you do for the good of the applicants! You and your team are so insanely generous with your time and advice. Please know how much it is appreciated.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.