LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to law school or law school admissions.
 cmorris32
|
Hi Powerscore! I am a junior in college right now and have a 4.0 GPA and a 167 LSAT. I really want to go to Georgetown Law and am thinking of applying Early Decision in the fall to enroll in the fall 2022. I have interned at a number of law firms and am the editor for my college's undergraduate law review. I have money saved for law school and am able to take out loans since I have no debt from undergrad. I was wondering if my numbers would make me a good candidate for early decision? I was also wondering if it is too much of a reach for me?
Thanks in advance!
 Jeremy Press
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi there,

Your numbers make you a great candidate for early decision! Ordinarily early decision can't be relied on to overcome a significant application deficiency. But the good news is you don't seem to have one. The 4.0 GPA will make you a very attractive candidate, since that will help with Georgetown's 75th percentile GPA. And while the 167 is a point below Georgetown's current LSAT median (found here: http://www.abarequireddisclosures.org/D ... re509.aspx), it is well above the school's current LSAT 25th percentile of 164. Will those numbers increase slightly because of this competitive application cycle? Probably. Will Georgetown be able to hold them during next year's cycle? Possibly. Even still, the 167 is ideal territory for an early decision application, assuming (as you've mentioned) that you're okay with the prospect of paying full tuition.

Make sure you spend a significant amount of time crafting a persuasive personal statement, and be sure to select recommenders who say glowing things about you. Check out our free resources on those issues here: https://www.powerscore.com/lsat/law-sch ... ions/help/. And let us know if you'd like to talk to one of our admissions consulting experts, an option you can explore here: https://www.powerscore.com/lsat/law-school-admissions/.

Doing the above, you'll be in a great position for that ED application!

I hope this helps!
 cmorris32
|
Thank you for the information! Do you forsee Georgetown's numbers increasing drastically? I know you probably can't say for certain, but do you think the median may just increase to 168? I would be nervous if I fell below the 25th percentile...
 Jeremy Press
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
It's really hard to say (and make sure you listen to the upcoming Podcast on this!), but in my experience tracking these things, it's pretty rare to see more than 2-point increases in 25th-50th-75th numbers (a 3-point increase would be massive). So, could the "new" 25th percentile become a 167? Possible, but I think it's more likely we'll see it go to 166. That's just my read, so take a listen to the Podcast when it drops, because Dave and Jon may have a different view on this!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.