LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to law school or law school admissions.
 Tyler2021
|
Hi all,

So I am looking at applying this next cycle (2021-2022) and was wondering whether it was necessary to write an LSAT Score Addendum. My first score on the LSAT was 164 that I took in 2019. I then took the LSAT Flex a year later and was able to increase it 14 points to a 178. I don't have any compelling reason for this besides studying a whole lot more, would y'all think an addendum is necessary?

I see some schools recommend providing one, but without any special circumstances I'm not sure what I would even write.

Thanks for any input!
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Tyler2021 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:02 pm Hi all,

So I am looking at applying this next cycle (2021-2022) and was wondering whether it was necessary to write an LSAT Score Addendum. My first score on the LSAT was 164 that I took in 2019. I then took the LSAT Flex a year later and was able to increase it 14 points to a 178. I don't have any compelling reason for this besides studying a whole lot more, would y'all think an addendum is necessary?

I see some schools recommend providing one, but without any special circumstances I'm not sure what I would even write.

Thanks for any input!
Hi Tyler,

Thanks for the post, and congrats on the awesome score increase! :)

In this instance, we wouldn't recommend an addendum. A 14-point increase is certainly significant, but without a compelling reason other than studying harder, an addendum is not really necessary. Schools will treat you as a 178, and take note of the fact that you made the improvement as the result of (presumably) hard work and dedication over a year period.

We have a blog post and a podcast with some more information about addenda that may help:
LSAT Podcast Episode 78: What’s the Deal With Addenda?
LSAT and Law School Admissions Blog: What’s the Deal with Addenda?

Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.