LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to law school or law school admissions.
 Engelbrechtl19
|
Hello! First time poster here. I took my first LSAT in August and got a 162. Definitely lower than my PTs (167–169), but not surprising as I misunderstood a LG rule and didn’t realize until I had a minute left (RIP). LG is usually my best section (-1/-0) making up for my typical poor performance on RC.

My top choice is UT Austin. I would love to apply ED, but I am obviously below their LSAT median. I’m not a Texas resident, but if accepted ED, you are awarded in-state tuition (almost 18k/year lower than out of state). The deadline for ED is 11/1 which is before I will get back my score for the November sitting. However, on their website it says “Applications submitted after November 1 or if an ED application remains incomplete after December 1, the application will be considered for Regular Decision admission.” Does this mean I could apply ED with my current score, but still send in my November score for ED? I just don’t want to put myself in a position where I risk getting rejected completely and not be able to be considered for regular decision either.

Other important info is that I’m a first-gen student for undergrad and law school, and received a full ride merit-based scholarship to a top 10 Liberal Arts school. I graduated in 2019 with a degree in Mathematics and an undergrad GPA of 3.75. As for experience, I’m currently working as an Actuarial Analyst at a top 3 firm. Hoping my education and experience helps make up for my current LSAT score.
 Frank Peter
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
HI Engelbrechtl,

In this case I think what you would want to do is call the admissions office and ask them to hold your application until your new score is released. The problem is that since you already have an LSAT score on record, your application on its face would be considered complete and would start being considered by the admissions committee unless you tell them that you want them to wait.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.