LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to law school or law school admissions.
 glasann
|
Hello!

I graduated from undergrad in 2015 and have since been working in communications and then finance.

As I'm working on my resume for law school, I'm wondering how much detail to go into about experiences from my college years. I was an editor for my student newspaper so definitely want to include that, but should I also include internships I had each summer while in college?

I think the majority of my applicable work skills come from the five years since graduating, however I also don't want it to look like I wasn't doing anything while in college.

Thanks!
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
I think any relevant, interesting work should be included, glasann. Maybe not your childhood paper route and lemonade stands, but yes, those internships and other work experience in college can add to the complete picture of you as a well-rounded, active, and engaged student. Schools aren't just interested in your practical experience - they want to know who you are, what your interests are, how you will fit in as a part of their "family." Your choice of where to intern, and what work you did as an intern, speaks to all of that, so I would include it!
 glasann
|
Fantastic, thank you. That's very helpful.

Is it ok then to go onto two pages?
 Jeremy Press
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi glasann,

I agree with Adam that the internship and substantive work experience he mentions would be relevant and helpful to an admissions committee. I'd still try as best you can to keep the length to one page. Keep bullet descriptions very short and sweet. Expand margins if necessary. But if you have to bleed onto two pages, that's not the worst thing in the world, especially since you have 5 years of work experience now.

Jeremy
 glasann
|
Thank you, both!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.