LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to law school or law school admissions.
 cdbaker97
|
I was wondering when should I apply to certain schools. All of my application materials should be done within the next week or two. I am applying to 4 schools.

2 schools I’m at their median lsat score and 2 I’m below which is why I’m taking the January LSAT

For the 2 schools I’m at their median should I apply when my materials are ready then use January to get my decision reconsidered/ asking for more scholarships or should I apply now and tell them to wait for my January score or should I apply mid January and by the time my application is processed my score should be ready in February?

For the two I’m below the median should I apply now and tell them to wait or apply mid January and by the time they process my application the February score would be ready?
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
cdbaker97 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:38 pm I was wondering when should I apply to certain schools. All of my application materials should be done within the next week or two. I am applying to 4 schools.

2 schools I’m at their median lsat score and 2 I’m below which is why I’m taking the January LSAT

For the 2 schools I’m at their median should I apply when my materials are ready then use January to get my decision reconsidered/ asking for more scholarships or should I apply now and tell them to wait for my January score or should I apply mid January and by the time my application is processed my score should be ready in February?

For the two I’m below the median should I apply now and tell them to wait or apply mid January and by the time they process my application the February score would be ready?
Hi cdbaker,

Thanks for the post! We consistently advise that applying with a higher score is almost always preferable to applying earlier with a lower score. So, if you're confident that you can get a higher score in January, I'd wait to apply to all schools until you have that higher score. :)

If you want to apply now and ask schools to wait until your January score, that's fine too. :) Either way, the schools won't review your file until you have that January score.

Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.